May 23, 2019
Letter

Enlisted man responds

I read with great interest that Sarah Smiley and all military families were “distressed” that a military person was not elected president.

Having served for 26 years and now retired from the Army as a sergeant first class I feel qualified to state the following:

Sarah Smiley’s husband is a naval aviator and part of the officer corps of the Navy. They are in charge and for the most part are career soldiers. They also only account for about 7 percent of the total Navy with the other 93 percent being made up of enlisted soldiers who I will guarantee do not share the views of Naval officers and their wives.

How about equal time for an enlisted rebuttal to Sarah’s column? I am more than up the to the task.

Frederick Trimm

Fort Fairfield


Have feedback? Want to know more? Send us ideas for follow-up stories.

comments for this post are closed

You may also like