April 20, 2019

Police seek aid to stop underage drinking

BELFAST – Waldo County Law Enforcement agencies are asking the public’s help in stopping underage drinking by reporting the location of parties, either planned or in progress.

The agencies are committed to enforcing the underage drinking laws and want to ensure the safety of the county’s youths. It is illegal for anyone under the age of 21 to possess or use alcohol unless it is provided by a parent and the parent is present when it is consumed. It is illegal for adults to provide alcohol to minors or a place where minors can consume alcohol.

With information about planned parties, police will visit the location and warn the property owner or party organizer. Parties in progress will be responded to by a team of officers who will take appropriate action.

For planned parties, people are asked to call 866-883-4122. For a party in progress, call 800-660-3398.

Have feedback? Want to know more? Send us ideas for follow-up stories.

comments for this post are closed

You may also like