We may be living on the brink of worldwide chaos. I am noticing that few people realize that America has sent multiple U.S. warships to the region of Iran and is reviewing plans for airstrikes and for blockading Iranian ports. There has been much speculation about America’s intentions. However, it is clear that any attack by the United States would be disastrous. This was reported in Time magazine on Sept. 17 yet the media has mostly avoided this critical issue.
It is time for citizens to take action. Here are some suggestions:
1. Become informed.
2. Contact your congressmen and senators and voice your opposition to an attack on Iran. Be clear about your intent to vote for anti-war candidates.
3. Be sure to vote. No matter what your political affiliation, no one will win this war.
4. Obtain an absentee ballot if there is any chance you won’t get to the polls. Go to your city hall or call for a ballot to be mailed to you.
5. Speak out about your convictions. Take any additional action that inspires you.
6. Most important, pray for peace. Prayer is said to be the most powerful force in the world. Group prayer multiplies the positive effect of prayer. So, in addition to your usual spiritual practice, I am suggesting that everyone pray for world peace at 9 p.m. every night. It is important to keep our prayers positive.
Please contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to contribute any thoughts about spreading the prayers for peace.