SEDGWICK – A quick response by firefighters Monday morning saved a mobile home that had caught fire.
Firefighters got the call at about 11 a.m. reporting a fire at the mobile home on Route 172 owned by Arthur Anderson. According to Sedgwick Fire Chief David Carter, the house was not being lived in, but was under repair.
A worker was doing plumbing repairs at the time and was using a torch Carter said Monday. The torch caught a section of the mobile home on fire, he said.
The mobile home is located about two miles from the fire station, Carter said. When firefighters arrived on the scene, the fire had spread under the mobile home and through the bathroom area.
“The first crew on the scene did a good job,” Carter said. “They got a quick knockdown on it and saved it.”
There is some structural damage to the mobile home as well as some interior damage, he said.
Crews from Blue Hill, Deer Isle, Brooksville, Brooklin and Peninsula Ambulance also responded to the fire alarm.