November 18, 2019
BANGOR DAILY NEWS (BANGOR, MAINE

Fire damages kitchen in Fairfield home

FAIRFIELD – A working smoke detector was credited with saving the lives of a family from fire early Saturday morning.

Verne Reynolds’ family was sleeping at about 12:20 a.m. when a smoke detector alerted them to a fire in the kitchen of their split-level ranch-style home on the Middle Road. The family, including three children, fled the building without injury, according to Fire Chief Duane Bickford.

Bickford said the fire apparently started in the kitchen above a countertop and was not considered suspicious. He said the heat and smoke damage was contained to the first floor of the home.


Have feedback? Want to know more? Send us ideas for follow-up stories.

comments for this post are closed

You may also like