May 26, 2019
BANGOR DAILY NEWS (BANGOR, MAINE

Fairfield firebombing probe continues

FAIRFIELD — Investigators continue to search for the vandals who tossed crude firebombs at Lawrence High School nearly two weeks ago.

But so far, they have made little progress.

“We checked out a couple of leads, but they didn’t turn up anything,” Capt. John Emery, Fairfield’s acting police chief, said Tuesday.

“We’re still working on it,” he said. “We still have some information trickling in.”

On the night of April 20, someone tossed three Molatov cocktails at the school and also torched a pole vault landing mat.

No one was injured. Damage was limited to the mat, which the school recently purchased for $6,800.

Fairfield police and the State Fire Marshal’s Office are investigating.

“I’m confident that we’ll solve it,” Emery said. “It’s just going to take some time, that’s all.”

Anyone with information about the firebombing is asked to call the Fairfield Police Department at 453-9321.


Have feedback? Want to know more? Send us ideas for follow-up stories.

comments for this post are closed

You may also like