November 18, 2019
BANGOR DAILY NEWS (BANGOR, MAINE

Home, belongings lost, dog killed in Steuben fire

STEUBEN — A Steuben family lost its dog and all of its belongings when flames swept through a home on Mel Lane on Sunday evening.

Steuben Fire Chief Delbert Pinkham said Eric Parkins, his wife and child were not at home when their trailer was gutted by a fire that apparently was caused by the family’s wood stove. A neighbor noticed the flames and tried to enter the residence, but was driven back by the flames, Pinkham said.

Firefighters from Steuben, Milbridge and Cherryfield responded to the 5:15 p.m. alarm, but found the home in flames, Pinkham said.

Family members lost everything they owned and are staying with relatives, according to the fire chief.


Have feedback? Want to know more? Send us ideas for follow-up stories.

comments for this post are closed

You may also like