April 06, 2020
BANGOR DAILY NEWS (BANGOR, MAINE

Brooksville fire under study> Electrical malfunction believed to be cause

BROOKSVILLE — The state Fire Marshal’s Office is expected here today to investigate the cause of a blaze that damaged a home on Town House Road over the weekend.

Around 8:30 a.m. Saturday, a cellar fire was reported at the home rented by Whitney Landon, Eileen Ahern and their son, said firefighter Bill Leck of the Brooksville Fire Department. The family, who escaped safely, reported the blaze using a neighbor’s phone.

A crew and truck arrived within eight minutes of the call, despite wet weather and road conditions, Leck said. The fire spread up to the kitchen, damaging wiring and flooring. Owned by Katherine Porter, who lives out of state, the older, two-story, wood-frame house also sustained significant smoke damage.

Leck said the fire is not considered suspicious, and may have been caused by an electrical malfunction.


Have feedback? Want to know more? Send us ideas for follow-up stories.

comments for this post are closed

You may also like