March 29, 2020
BANGOR DAILY NEWS (BANGOR, MAINE

Electrical outlet cause of barn fire in Parkman

PARKMAN — An electrical outlet was the origin of a fire that destroyed a barn Friday on Lander Road in Parkman.

The 8:30 a.m. fire destroyed an approximately 20-by-40-foot barn owned by a man from Rockport, according to Richard “Willie” Williams II, Guilford’s newly elected fire chief. Williams said he did not have the name of the owner with him at the scene of the fire. The town of Parkman contracts with Guilford for fire protection.

Williams said the fire also ignited a false roof over a trailer on the property that was occupied by Scott Knowlton. Firefighters were able to extinguish that fire.


Have feedback? Want to know more? Send us ideas for follow-up stories.

comments for this post are closed

You may also like