In a report printed Friday regarding a schedule of meetings in the town of Newport, the dates were incorrect, although the days were right. A public hearing for a Community Development Block Grant is scheduled for 7 p.m. Monday, Jan. 19. A budget committee meeting will be held Tuesday, Jan. 20, and the Board of Selectmen will meet at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 21. —-
In a limited number of editions of today’s NEWS, there is an error on page MW4 of the Science and Education section concerning church shelters and the Belfast shelter operated by emergency management officials in the MBNA building. MBNA did not turn elderly people away from the shelter in Belfast, as the story implies. MBNA does not run the shelter, it only donates the space. Emergency management officials turned away the elderly for one night, thinking the shelter couldn’t meet their medical needs. This error was corrected in the papers received by a majority of NEWS readers. —-
A headline on Page A7 of the Thursday, Jan. 15, NEWS incorrectly stated that a carbon monoxide leak poisoned tenants at a Newburgh apartment house. Two people were checked for poisoning by medical personnel, but it was never established that they had been poisoned.