April 08, 2020
BANGOR DAILY NEWS (BANGOR, MAINE

Fire kills Sanford woman who was smoking in bed

SANFORD — A 42-year-old woman who was smoking in bed died Wednesday when her smoldering cigarette ignited a blaze, authorities said.

Eva Smith, 42, died from smoke inhalation, said Steve McCausland, spokesman for the Department of Public Safety.

State fire marshals determined that Smith’s cigarette started the blaze about 9 a.m. The fire was confined to her unit in the Breary Farms Apartment Complex.


Have feedback? Want to know more? Send us ideas for follow-up stories.

comments for this post are closed

You may also like