April 09, 2020
BANGOR DAILY NEWS (BANGOR, MAINE

Boat fire off Owls Head blamed on faulty heater

OWLS HEAD — A faulty heater was blamed for a boat fire in Owls Head Harbor on Wednesday morning.

The Rockland Coast Guard base reported that the fire was discovered at 8 a.m. aboard the 36-foot fishing vessel Judith Ann, owned by Robert McMahan of Rockland. The Coast Guard sent a 41-foot rescue boat to the scene, where McMahan was fighting the fire with an extinguisher and buckets of water.

The Coast Guard boat crew assisted in fighting the fire, then towed the boat to Rockland, where it will be hauled out to assess damages.

No injuries were reported in the incident.


Have feedback? Want to know more? Send us ideas for follow-up stories.

comments for this post are closed

You may also like