LITCHFIELD — A telephone worker was electrocuted when he apparently touched a high-voltage power line, authorities said.
Robert Wadleigh, 47, of Belgrade was installing lines when he was knocked out by the electric shock Tuesday, said Maj. Everett Flannery of the Kennebec County Sheriff’s Department.
Two co-workers performed CPR until an ambulance arrived, but Wadleigh died at the Kennebec Valley Medical Center.
Wadleigh had worked as a technician for Community Service Telephone Co. in Winthrop for 26 years.
“We’re a small company. We’re all devastated by this,” said Peter Chavonelle, human resources manager.