BLUE HILL — A fire that started in a clothes dryer destroyed one room of a mobile home around noon Sunday.
Fire Chief Dennis Robertson said the owners of the trailer at Chatto Corner on Route 15 nearly put out the blaze with fire extinguishers, but had to flee when smoke became too thick.
The Bowdens were alerted to the fire when their smoke detector sounded. No one was injured. The family was expected to stay with relatives Sunday.
Robertson said snowy conditions presented few problems for his department, which was assisted by crews from Sedgwick and Brooklin.